June 01, 2012
Nine livelihood projects were turned over to nine recipient beneficiaries of the Municipality of Sta. Cruz under the second round of Mindanao Rural Development Program – Adaptable Program Loan 2 (MRDP-APL 2). The latest batch of checks was given last May 29, 2012 and was handed to legitimate people-based organizations engage in livelihood projects as project beneficiaries.
MRDP-APL 2 also draws huge support from Sta. Cruz Local Government Unit as it was poured in reasonable counterpart funds and manpower to handle the implementation, monitoring and evaluation under the offices of Municipal Agriculture and Municipal Planning and Development.
The amount per project is PhP 250,000.00 and listed hereunder are the name of projects approved as proposed by the recipient beneficiaries:
1.Backyard Sow Litter Production for Inawayan Senior Citizens Association
2. Backyard Goat Breeding for University on the Air Alumni Association of Tubison, Astorga
3. Goat Production for Pitogo Astorga Farmers Association
4. Marine Fish Cage Expansion for Nagkahugpong Gagmay’ng Mananagat sa Tuban
5. Backyard Swine and Goat Production for Hugpong Kusog sa Mag-uuma, Bato, Sta. Cruz
6. Household-based Goat Production for Awe Tribal Association of Zone 2
7. Seaweeds Farming for Lawis, Bato Fisherfolks Association
8. Diversified Crop Production (Rubber and Lacatan) for Sibulan Tribal Council
9. Household-based Rubber Production for Saliducon Farmers Cooperative
The Mindanao Rural Development Program – Adaptable Program Loan Phase 2 (MRDP2) is a poverty-alleviation initiative implemented through the Department of Agriculture (DA) jointly funded by the World Bank, National Government, and Local Government Units covering Mindanao's 26 provinces and 225 municipalities.
MRDP seeks to further improve rural incomes and achieve food security through agri-fishery infrastructure, livelihood enterprise, and biodiversity conservation projects.
Last Update: June 01, 2012